This Policy applies to Havaianas South Africa, Brazilian Sandal Company (Pty) Ltd (Reg No. 2005/022746/07) and all of its subsidiary and global companies (herein referred to as “Havaianas”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Havaianas has a commitment to privacy in accordance with the privacy laws applicable in the countries in which we operate (including, but not limited to, South Africa), and is committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy
We understand that when interacting with us the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information is important to you. That is why we are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
Havaianas South Africa is bound by and complies with South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
1.0 Purpose of this Policy
By providing personal information to us, you accept and consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Section 12 of this Policy details how to contact us in relation to privacy requests, inquiries or complaints.
2.0 Definitions and Interpretation
3.0 How is personal information collected?
Havaianas collects personal information necessary for its functions and activities. The types of personal information Havaianas collects will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with Havaianas. Generally, the types of personal information we collect and hold may include your name, contact information, employment details and financial related information and any other information provided to Havaianas.
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, including through our websites, by telephone, through written correspondence and in person if you visit our store(s)/shop(s);
- from credit reporting agencies;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- monitoring and recording of calls that you make to us in certain circumstances (we will notify you beforehand).
4.0 How we use personal information
Except where your consent has been provided, Havaianas will only use personal information for the primary purpose for which we collected it (or a purpose related to it), where required or permitted by law, or where you have consented to such use or disclosure.
The main purposes for which we may use or disclose personal information include:
- to provide products and services requested by you and to manage those services, including to enable customer service, delivery and billing;
- evaluating and monitoring credit worthiness;
- meeting legal and regulatory requirements;
- to directly promote and market products, news, promotions and other services to you where we have your express or implied consent. If you do not wish to receive news, offers and promotions, we will not contact you about these once you have advised us as such; and
- improve our websites.
We may expressly communicate to you the primary purpose for which your personal information is collected, or it may be clear from the nature of our dealings with you.
If you receive electronic communications from us, we will provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us.
5.0 Our disclosure of personal information
The primary instances where Havaianas may disclose personal information to third parties include:
- to external advisors and service providers including advertising and credit reporting agencies, so they can provide the services we have contracted to them;
- to law enforcement bodies, in order to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of the public or Havaianas; and
- if Havaianas or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers may be disclosed as one of the transferred assets.
6.0 How is my personal information stored and kept secure?
Havaianas takes reasonable steps to keep the personal information we hold secure from unauthorised access, modification, loss and interference. Havaianas has internal policies, procedures and systems in place to ensure compliance with this Policy.
Personal information may be stored electronically and/or in hard copy, and appropriate information security measures are in place to protect this information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure and you need to be aware of this when communicating with or providing personal information to Havaianas over the internet.
Additionally, we ensure that we only disclose your personal information to third parties where it is necessary or compulsory to do so, and we impose strict security requirements on all such third parties regarding how they hold and deal with personal information.
7.0 International use
Havaianas operates as a global business, and has global data storage and processing arrangements. Accordingly, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the country in which the information was collected (including, but not limited to, Brazil). It may also be processed by employees operating outside of the country in which the information was collected or for one of our suppliers or agencies.
Havaianas may disclose or transfer your personal information where necessary to companies which are “related bodies corporate” or “ultimate holding companies” or “subsidiaries”.
Havaianas will take reasonable steps to ensure that an international entity is bound by privacy obligations equivalent to the European Union’s GDPR laws, before we disclose or transfer your personal information to it.
8.0 Accuracy of my personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, Havaianas will assume that any of the personal information provided by you is up to date and complete at the time it is provided. Havaianas does not undertake to check or verify the accuracy of personal information provided.
9.0 How do I access and correct my personal information
If you wish to access or update your personal information held by Havaianas, you need to contact our Privacy Officer or Data Protection Manager.
Please see our contact details in section 12 of this Policy.
When you contact us with such a request, we will take steps to update your personal information, provide you with access to your personal information and/or otherwise address your query within a reasonable period after we receive your request. Sometimes it will not be possible for us to grant you access to your personal information that we have about you. In such cases, we will give you a written notice explaining why.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by contacting us at privacy [email protected].
10.0 How do I make a complaint?
A complaint regarding Havaianas compliance with privacy obligations relating to your personal information must be submitted in writing to Havaianas Privacy Officer or Data Protection Manager. Please see our contact details in section 12 of this Policy.
Havaianas’ Privacy Officer or Data Protection Manager will handle your compliant in an appropriate and reasonable manner. Where necessary, Havaianas may consult with related entities and partners to address your complaint.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact a regulatory body.
11.0 Policy variations
12.0 How to contact us
For all regions, if you wish to access or correct your personal information held by Havaianas, or to complain about a possible breach of privacy, enquiries should be directed to the Privacy Officer as follows:
BY EMAIL: [email protected]
BY WEBSITE: www.havaianas.online
BY POST: Brazilian Sandal Company (Pty) Ltd, PO Box 1123, Green Point, South Africa, 8051
If you no longer wish to receive promotions or other direct marketing communications from Havaianas, please contact us through one of the methods stated above to advise us of such and provide sufficient information to enable us to locate your information. In some cases, our communications with you may contain specific methods to opt out of direct marketing material sent via the particular communication.
13.0 International operations
Annexure A – Cookies and Havaianas sites
Havaianas, uses standard technology called cookies on its websites. Cookies help Havaianas provide you with a good experience when you browse our website, allows us to improve our site as well as automatically collecting information about you when you visit our websites.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. This can allow websites to recognise devices throughout the duration of a user’s visit or browsing session.
These cookies are known as session cookies.
In some cases cookies persist across multiple browsing sessions, enabling the website to remember user preferences from previous visits. These cookies are known as preference cookies. Both session cookies and preference cookies reduce the requirement for the user to continually identify themselves on their journey through a website. For example, cookies may be used on this website to remember that the user has verified their date of birth, or to remember the details and the choices from submitted forms.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Name/Title||Purpose||More Information|
|Analytify||This cookie enables us to:
(a) Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
(b) Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted to your individual interests.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire on the same day of access.
Information we collect from cookies